Expanded Media Facilities and Equipment
828 square feet + storage area
- Fully equipped computer stations with updated versions of Adobe Suite, Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Soundtrack Pro, Isadora, max SP, Encore, After Effects
- Sound booth with all attendant software and equipment
- Permanent projection with surround sound
- Epson 7900 printer with dedicated computer
- Dance floor
Other equipment on the studio floor or available for class use and/or student check out includes:
scanners, camcorders, digital projectors, DVD players, tripods, Wacom tablets, Audio Video modulators, a lighting kit with stands, diffusers and lights, headphones, audio interface equipment, speakers, portable digital audio recorders, VCR’s, TV monitors, flat screen monitors, a Kinetic sensor kit, a LUNCH BOX, nterchangeable SCREENS (green, white, black velvet) with free stand, floor stage lights with a standing pole and light dimmers, portable projector mounts, overhead opaque projectors, a slide projector, external hard drives, and photo/video cameras.
Use of the departmental mobile digital lab with 20 Mac laptops also equipped with similar software as above.
803 sq. feet + storage area
- An open ‘clean’ space with controlled lighting that is used for class and/or individual installation projects, class meetings, performance presentations, etc.
Expanded Media computer lab
185 square feet equipped with ten MAC computers.
Expanded Media students regularly access facilities in the School of Music through Electronic Music courses and collaboration with Music students. In addition, students also take courses and work with faculty in Photomedia (Department of Design), Film & Media Studies (also in the School of the Arts), and Art History that directly relate to Expanded Media.